Mr Wimsey is a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon with a dedicated special interest in disorders of the hand, wrist and elbow. He treats all conditions from routine to complex with no problem being too small. Medicolegal services are provided in accordance with the highest standards.
Instructions for Personal Injury Reports
Mr Wimsey receives instructions from both claimants and defendants as well as being a single joint expert. A number of Personal Injury law firms and agencies regularly instruct Mr Simon Wimsey for personal injury cases.
Appointments are offered within 4 weeks of instruction or are based on urgency. Expert reports are typically produced within 10 days of examination. Fees for expert reports comply fully with AMRO and are based on an hourly rate.
Schedule of Fees and Charges
- Overview medical report: from £600
- Examination, review of medical records and medical report from £900
- Based on hourly rate £300 / hour, charged in 20 minute blocks
- Attendance at conference £300 / hour
- Attendance at court £3,000 / day (or part of day)
Patients failure to attend appointment
- £450 Where no notice given, or notice given but less than 24 hours ahead of appointment
- £300 Where notice given more than 24 hours but less than 48 hours prior to appointment
- £3,000 for each day booked where cancelled 14 days or less in advance of attendance
- £1,500 for each day booked where cancelled between 56 and 14 days in advance of attendance
TERMS: 42 days